I hesitate to post the following information because I don't want to get folks
all excited over what MAY be just a fluke or a coincidence.  However, I don't
see how I can NOT post it either.   So please keep in mind that this is very
possibly just an anomaly...

I went to the MD last Friday, Feb. 21, with what turned out to be an
infection.  I was prescribed FLAGELLA 500mg to be taken 2 times daily for one
week.

Within 36 hours of beginning the drug, I began to feel physically "light..."
as in "airy."  This was an entire-body-experience.   By the following day,
after I'd taken the Flagyl for two full days and one 1/2 day (totaling 5
tablets at that point), I felt strange and after thinking about it for a bit,
realized that the "strange feeling" was the fact that I felt NORMAL... i.e.
much as I did before the PD struck.

I've now been taking Flagyl for six days.  While I continued to take my usual
Sinemet twice daily about every 5 to 6 hours the first day on the Flagyl, by
the second day I felt no physical NEED for it (tho logically I KNEW I had to
continue taking it).   Since the second day, I've taken the Sinemet 8 hours
apart.   I've taken it every 8 hours or so, and that was because I was
hesitant to just up and stop taking it entirely.

There are so few PD symptoms left as of this moment that I felt compelled to
post here.  I'm calling my MD tomorrow and asking if Flagyl can be taken on a
daily basis in order to test the drug.   If it can be, I plan on staying at
the 500mg dose for one more week and then reducing the amount I'd take by
half.   IF I remain essentially symptomsless at that dosage I'll drop down to
1/4 of  a tablet twice a day.

If anyone else has had a similar experience while taking Flagella, I'd really
like to hear from ya.  And I'll keep this group updated about this phenomena.

I have no answers if you have any in-depth questions about the above.  I have
no idea WHY Flagella appears to work.  And I sure hate to get all excited
about this when it's to all intents and purposes could be nothing.

Barb Mallut