I have a friend who suffered from blepharospasm.  He has been given "botox"
injections for this, and they do help but are not a permanent cure. In his
case
his blepharospasm is considered to be a symptom of one of the so-called
atypical parkinson's conditions called Progressive Supra Nuclear Palsy or
Steele-Richardson-Olszewski Syndrome.
This may not be the same in Lane's case, but you might do some reading.
Ask John Cottingham for the archives listing for PSP.
Regards
Joy Graham