Mary Sheehan wrote:

> In a message dated 2/21/97 10:32:59 AM, you wrote:
>
>            << Gay is just as much ME as is the color of my eyes (sky blue).
>  And I'm
> looking  for "family."
>
>          I  am single, have a low income, and a biological family that
> REJECTS  me  because I am gay.
>
>          Despite all this, I am absolutely dedicated to helping all of us
> to find the cure for PD.>>
> Hi Ivan,
> One of the nicest things about this list is that we can relate to each other
> as human beings without the hinderance of knowing if someone is black or
> white, rich or poor, fat or thin, straight or gay, etc.  It's just not
> important to other PWP's since we're all fighting the same battle and have a
> common bond.
>
> I have no problem with your being a gay man.  I believe that God made you the
> way he/she made you and it's something to accept and not judge.  I'm sorry
> that your family rejects you.  It must be hard to fight PD without your
> family's support and i'm glad you have a loving companion.  I'm sure I speak
> for everyone on the list when I say we all appreciate the work you have done
> and are doing for PD fund raising.
>
> I sense you would like to have some recognition that we on the list accept
> you as gay.  Ivan, I accept you unconditionally because you are a thoughtful
> and helpful person who has been an asset to the list.  Nothing else matters
> to me. You are part of our family.  Now please stop adding a message about
> being gay to every posting.  We know, we know!  It's okay with us.  Go back
> to being just Ivan.
>
> Mary Sheehan

it never mattered to me, infact one of my daughters became friends with a
young man at school who is gay. i jokinly, at the time, stated i would
not need to be concerned for her safety. 10 years later he has turned out
to be a very good friend of hers'! the quality of a persons soul is what
is important, their heart.
stephanie m. dorsch