Fred,

I know its an inconvenience, but I think there is something
to be said for a bank that takes the trouble to check signatures
on cheques.  It is your mothers money they are safeguarding.

On the other hand asking for a 'note' from the doctor seems a
bit obssesive.  You would think that the word of an adult would
suffice.  My own bank manager has been very cooperative.
Possibly the fact that his father has PD has influenced his thinking.
Possibly he would have agreed to anything to get me out of his
office once I launched into my favorite "No, your PWP is not messing
you about when they won't do now what they did perfectly well 1/2
an hour ago" speech.  Either way he hasn't bounced one of my
cheques yet.

Dennis

Dennis Greene 47/10