I went to a store in the mall that sold  games and stuff such as poker shoes,
gambling wheels for home entertainment, Simon type hand held computer games
and other non children type things.  I bought a set of 4 card holders, called
E-Z Grip Card Holders.  They were 4 different colors, plastic, about 3" round
double sided  "disks" that were held together with a spring in which you
could insert as many playing cards as you have to hold.  I have held as many
as 15 cards in position in a game of canasta with just 2 lightly positioned
fingers.