Hi "Gail B. Post" <[log in to unmask]>, you wrote
>Stephen,
>
>My dad has problems with confusion when he eats chocolate.  My mom
>limits his intake to 1-2 pieces of chocolate candy a day and it is OK.
>He loves sweets and she tries to keep the sugar down, but it does not
>cause the confustion.  He drinks decaf coffee, so it may be the caffeine
>or something else in the chocolate.
>
>I know his meds like Sinemet, Eldepryl, etc to contribute to the
>hallucinations and that the Clozaril helps to decrease that problem.

It's a quite well-known phenomenon that eating chocolate causes mental
upsets in the elderly. Mostly it causes aggression, I believe.

However, Mary Baker, President of the EPDA (European PD Association)
always reckons chocolate to be right out for PWPs! It interferes with
the metabolism and can prevent medication working properly.

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160