Mary Sheehan wrote:

> Lisa,
> In a message dated 2/27/97 6:36:43 PM, you wrote:
>
> << I find my artwork is completely
> fufilling.  I 'd like to hear from any other artists who have are able
> to continue with their work or perhaps have had to modify their styles
> or give up their art. .>>
>
> I have always been involved with art.  I was an art major and taught
> elementary and secondary art (among other things) until I quit to raise a
> family.  When the children were growing up I had a sucessful home-based
> business designing and making small sculptures, which were more crafts than
> art.
>
> When my children were older a friend and I formed a corporation, rented
> warehouse/office space and went national.  We had that business for 13 years,
> specializing in handcrafted angels.  Even before my diagnosis of PD, I began
> to have difficulty with my job because of slowness, rigidity, and difficulty
> in painting details,etc.  So we sold our business and I decided to go back to
> painting watercolors.
>
> I am assembling a portfolio of work and will eventually  do a presentation to
> a couple of local galleries.  Right now I am just enjoying the joy of
> painting seriously again.
>
> The beautiful thing about watercolors is that the further this dumb disease
> progresses, the looser and more "watery" my paintings will get.  Accidents
> with applying paint sometimes turn into the best part of a painting - so
> there are lots of opportunities ahead for experimentation, growth, and
> delight.
>
> Good luck with your mosaics.  I love the idea of the abstact stained glass
> shapes.  I think the main thing about continuing as an artist with PD is to
> find a medium where precision is not imperative and just let creativity run
> wild.
>
> Mary Sheehan

thanks mary for the lovely letter,  watecolors are so difficult to do .
I have a freind down here who does mostly underwater scenes, tropical
fish, coral and the like, I watched her once and thought  "oh that looks
so easy I can do it.  I gave it a whirl and was completely frustrated it
is an extremely dificult medium to master.  Hooray for mary!
with love, lisa