Thank you Camilla,

The med programs have different names depending upon the company.  Some are
indigent care, or patient access,  or  patient care, or whatever.  There are
also lists of the companies and their numbers often available through local
agencies or government offices associated with the elderly.  In my office I keep
an updated list for our clients, since so many meds are not covered by medicare
nor medicade/medical.  Sometimes the patient need only tell the doctor of their
situation and the doctor contacts the company.  It depends upon the company.
When I was first on Paxil, it was not covered by insurance.  My doctor (with my
help, as I had the phone numbers) called, filed the form and was given coupons
which he signed and I took to the pharmacy, and they sent back to the company
for payment.

No matter what, it always takes the doctors approval sent to the company.

Hope this helps.

Don't forget how to laugh.
Marling