Barb Mallut-- Peter looked up Flagyl in our "pill book" and here are a few of
the comments:

 Under cautions and warnings:.".you should not take this drug if you have
a history of active nervous system disease, including epilepsy. or if you have
severe heart or liver problems."

"It is effective against a variety of fungi and some bacteria"...
may require less medecine...report any side effects."

"Avoid alcoholic beverages...(and several other drugs listed)"

"Call your doc. if you become dizzy or lightheaded while taking this drug,
or develope numbness, tingling...(others listed).""Drugs that cause nervous sys
tem toxicity 9several named) and long-term high dose Vitamin B6 should not be
taken with this drug."

In "Worst Pills Best PIlls" there is the following caution: "Tell your
doctor if you have a disease of the central nervous system,severe liver
disease (others listed)"     Also the instruction to:
"Take the same number of hours apart, even at night, to keep the amount in
your body constant."    "Used for infections such as amoebic dysentery,
trichomonas, and other serious infections caused by protozoa,bacteria..."

Barb, it would be great if you get continuing relief from symptoms--
maybe we wouldn't need Oprah after all ;-)  ---but please do be careful.
The references to CNS diseases raise some questions?

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"