Paul Smedberg of APDA was in contact with McCain's office and informed
me(Pittsburgh NPF Chapter President) that the following Senators had
contacted Senator McCain office and have agreed to sign on as original
cosponsors.  THERE ARE 19.  Many of these were ones that took significant
convincing last year.  Conversely some of the earlier ones from last year
like my Pennsylvania Senators Santoum and Specter are not on yet.

Dodd                            R       CT                      Original
McCain                  R       AZ                      Original
Campbell                        R       CO                      Original
Mack                            R       FL                      Original
Inouye                          D       HI                      Original
Grassley                        R       IA                      Original
Harkin                          D       IA                      Original
Durbin                          D       IL                      Original
Wellstone                       D       MN                      Original
Bond                            R       MO                      Original
Cochran                 R       MS                      Original
Burns                           R       MT                      Original
Torricelli                      D       NJ                      Original
Bingaman                        D       NM                      Original
Moynihan                        D       NY                      Original
Glenn                           D       OH                      Original
Hollings                        D       SC                      Original
Robb                            D       VA                      Original
Leahy                           D       VT                      Original

If we  use our success last year as a spring board to increase the pressure
this year WE WILL GET THIS AUTHORIZATION FOR $100 MILLION/YR IN PARKINSON'S
RESEARCH PASSED.  But we can't sit back and think we wrote our cards and
letters, made our phone calls and visits.  If you wrote one letter last
year write two this year.  If you got 50 friends and neighbors to call or
write last year get 100 this year.  If you visited him in person last year,
do it gain this year and tell him all the things you could do last year and
can't do this year because your Parkinson's has gotten worse.   Plan on
coming to DC this June to pound the halls of congress and demand that we
fund the research that neuroscientists agree is on the near horizon
Jim Cordy
Pittsburgh