I'm always glad to hear Rick undertaking fulmination.

> Perhaps this is just a side effect of one of my pet peeves, but I
> am very pleased that Inkshed 14 will have an ORIENTING session
> instead of the usual ORIENTATION session.  (All else being equal,
> which of course it almost never is, I prefer that words signifying
> actions not end in -ATION.  Tho that does peeve me less than when
> they go through the noun form and return as verbs with an extra
> syllable or two (e.g., ORIENT-->ORIENTATION-->ORIENTATE).  There
> is, somewhere in rhetoric, a Greek name for this particular scheme,
> but I can't bring it to mind at the moment.)

I wonder if this means that we can expect to find him in attendation?
Possibly having brought to remembrance the Greek name for this, um,
schematization?

                                        -- Russ
                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_   Department of English
St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 4520644
Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/    [log in to unmask]
       ~~~~~~~~ http://www.StThomasU.ca/hunt/hunt.htm ~~~~~~~~