Maureen,
There are between one and four million people in the US with PD. About
50,000 people each year are diagnosed or one every 10 minutes. The most
commonly quoted number in use is one million because it comes from the
National Institute of Health.  The 50,000 per year comes from either the
NIH or Harvard University. I can't recall which.

> Date: Wednesday, 26-Feb-97 10:58 AM
> From: Maureen Allen            \ Internet:    ([log in to unmask])
> To:   Parkinsn Mail            \ Internet:    ([log in to unmask]
utoronto.ca)
 Subject: incidence
> I am new to this listservice.  My mother-in-law has Parkinson's
Disease and
> is in the later stages.  I am interested in finding out how many
people are
> diagnosed with Parkinson's each year in the United States i.e.
incidence