Brian,

Now I seem to have annoyed you.  Could we be taking
this to seriously, it is only PD.

You ask:

>  Dennis - you make referene to " the slowing down of the decay rate" -
where
> did that come from?

As a layman my understanding of the half-life concept may
well be flawed . However the following quote from the
"Software Toolworks Multimedia Encyclopedia" seems
fairly unambiguous to me:

Copyright - 1992 Grolier Electronic Publishing, Inc.

half-life

      Half-life is the time required for a radionuclide, or radioactive
      ISOTOPE, to decay to one-half its original mass (see
      RADIOACTIVITY).  After one half-life, 50% of the original
      radioisotope remains;  after two half-lives, 25% remains;  and so
      on---.

My observations were initiuated by a posting indicating that the
half-life concept could be applied to the decay rate of Sinemet
in the blood.  Whether or not the concept can be applied is
beyond my competence and indeed, except to say that the
manufacturers have said that it can be, I shall leave that discussion
to greater minds than my own.

Now if I can find my way of this mountain, can anybody point me in
the direction of that mole.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 47/10