Hello Everyone!
I am new to the list,and this is my first message.
My father 65( an electrician) was diagnosed with PD about 12 years ago.
During the past 5 years we have watched him slowly deteriorate and lose his
independence and dignity. Three weeks ago he had a pallidotomy-operating on
the left side of his brain.(Dad has PD on both sides). We noticed
immediately that there was a considerable improvement in his condition
especially on the right side of his body and he continues to improve with
the aid of physiotherapy. He can now walk again ,cut up his meals and his
slow periods are less severe and less frequent etc
I would like to hear from anyone who has had any experience with this
operation. We obviously do not want to get too excited about the long term
effects but we are grateful for any improvement.