Camilla Flintermann wrote:
> BTW, anything more to say about the Unifiber? I got more thru our local
> druggist, and use it regularly.

Camilla,
Well, yes, since you mention it -- I posted a mention to the List about
Unifiber, but probably it was one of my posts that didn't make it
through.

There is a fiber product, called Unifiber, that dissolves better than
Metamucil, and supposedly can even be used for tube feeding. It can be
mixed into foods like applesauce and mashed potatoes to increase the
fiber.

My concern was that many fibers bind minerals (calcium, iron, and zinc)
and over time, can lead to mineral deficiency. I've researched this
aspect of Unifiber with everyone I can buttonhole at Niche (the mfr) and
the best they can determine is that Unifiber is thought to be less
binding than other fibers.

 It's said to be more palatable than many fibers, and my hope is that it
will allow a greater variety of foods in the daily menus. A number of my
clients eat nothing but bran in the morning, and I'd rather they get
some fiber from other sources and increase the variety of foods eaten at
breakfast.

It's made by Niche Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Although not many drug stores
carry it, you can ask your pharmacist to order it for you, or call the
company yourself:  1-800-677-0355

They have been very kind in sending me free samples to distribute. I
plan to give samples to people who participate in the nutrition study
that I'm initiating.

So, if anyone on the list orders from Niche, please let them know that
you heard about it from me. Perhaps if they know that PWP are
benefitting from the product, it will encourage them to continue sending
me the free samples.

My best regards,
Kathrynne

--