In a message dated 97-03-04 01:08:26 EST, [log in to unmask] (Marling
McReynolds) writes:

<< Does this mean that those without a sense of humor go to law school? or
 that once enrolled in law school they lose their sense of humor?  I
wonder???

Some off the funniest people I know are not lawyers, but I do not feel that I
have lost my sense of humor.

When I asked Maureen to marry me, I had a summons served on her with a dozen
roses. She worked in a stone quary and received summons for the Gallo
Brothers almost every day. as part of her job.

The summons was a order to show cause why her father the Judge should order
her to marry me. It also had a few small print items like she would keep a
neat and orderly house and would not interrupt my Sunday football games. It
also stipulated she would not worry or get on my case if I stayed out all
night playing poker. Oh well those were my bachlor thoughts which took her
about one week to straighten me out after we married.

Maureen has bad arthritis in her fingers and we agreed to not complain when
we hurt but rather to give each other a hug and laugh about it  because we
can see when the other is hurting with out articulating  the pain.  People
think were crazy sometimes when they see this old couple bent over hugging
and laughing and barely able to stand up.

Dale Severance, Esquire
Manlius, NY