kurt haas <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Liquid Sinemet? archive search

i'd much appreciate learning how to iomprove my medication results with the
help of liquid sinemet.  can you steer me in the right direction? my thanks
and gratitude

Kurt:
Read: Pappert et al. Liquid Sinemet produces significant improvement in motor
function without dyskinesia exacerbation. Neurology 1996:47:1493.

Briefly, dissolve your day's dose in Vitamin C and water [I use Tang or cran
juice that I started 18 months before the paper was published--Vit C is
criticial since Sinemet stable for the day in Vit C] and take  in
proportional divided doses hourly.  Most people need about 1000 mg/day at
steady state.
For example: In 1000cc bottle, drop 5 pills and take 100 cc [50mg] every
hour.
You can titrate up or down as needed.
It is currently the only way to smooth out the curve and it boggles my mind
that
everyone isn't doing it.
Jacqueline Winterkorn, MD