Parade!  Stand easy.
Relax folks this is my last entry on this subject.

Brian,

I think we have reached a workable conclusion to our epic.
Your analogy has the troops heading for the assault course
of the blood brain barrier and five years of soldiering taught
me to avoid assault courses whenever possible.

To summerise.

1.      a body of troops is sent to tackle the assault course.

2.      troops are marshalled on a parade ground from
        where they are to tackle the assault course.

3.      whilst waiting half the troops faint in x mins.

4.      half the remaining troops faint in the next x mins
        and half again in the next x mins etc.

5.      at the same time an unknown number of troops
        are successfully making it off the parade ground
        and over the assault course.

6.      The next body of troops arrives. In my view of things
        they join with the troops who have not yet fainted or
        crossed the assault course.
        In your view, as I understand it, the parade ground is
        quiet because the troops are no longer there but are
        all busy at the assault course.

The difference here is perhaps grounded in your comment:

> The bit that is missing is tha fact that just before the exponential decay
> started, the system was dealing happily with the full output of the CR
tablet.

You seem to be suggesting that the CR tablet delivers a peak (full)
output at some point.  My understanding, however, is that the CR
tablet delivers a series of small parcels over the period of its life.
It has been my suggestion that each of these deliveries would
have a half life.

Either way I think I will retire to the sergeants mess, order
a long cold Emu Bitter and try to down it even as the earth
shakes from another assault from the sinemet army. Its time
for me at least to leave this parade ground.

I look forward to your thoughts on how many make it over
the assault course and at what rate.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 47/10