Dear Folk:

NPF has a website, http://www.parkinson.org, with a new service: Parkinson's
Interaction Server.
This feature allows one to participate in question & answer type discussions
while at the site and also receive copies of postings as email messages.

I received the following message from NPF and thought it to be a good public
relations endeavor.

National Parkinson Foundation Interaction Server--- Begin NPF Interaction
Server Message

          APRIL IS NATIONAL PARKINSON'S AWARENESS MONTH
                     NPF NEEDS YOUR HELP
                     By Melinda Brown, Director of Public Relations

In an effort to create the much needed awareness about Parkinson's
disease and it's symptoms during the month of April, the National
Parkinson Foundation (NPF) has created "Media Resource Kits" and will
distribute these kits to every Health reporter in the United States
during the last week of March.

Designed to solicit the media's help in creating public awareness, the
NPF Media Resource Kit provides reporters with all the tools necessary
to write an informative piece on Parkinson's disease.

We ask that you help us in our efforts by calling the Health reporters
at your local newspapers and television stations. To do this, simply
call the main number at the papers and TV stations and ask the
operator for the name and direct number of the Health reporter. If you
have a problem, call or e-mail NPF's Public Relation's office.  Tel:
1(800) 327-4545, e-mail: [log in to unmask]

   - Explain to these reporters that creating public awareness is the
     first step in finding the cause and cure for Parkinson's disease.

   - Offer to be interviewed for a human interest story, or set up an
     interview with your local Chapter or Support Group leader.

  - Ask these reporters if they've received the NPF Media Resource Kit.
    If they haven't, contact NPF's Public Relations Dept. and they'll send
    a kit immediately. (Kits will be available after March 15th)

Margaret Tuchman

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540