Decay rate for radionuclides are well known and predictable according  to the
standard equation for radioactive decay  that can be found in any physics
textbook.  The decay of a radionuclide is completely unaffected by physical
variables (temperature, pressure, physical state, etc.).
Pharmacological half lives are far more complex  because a drug substance
undergoes more than a simple metabolic process.  In the case of Sinemet, the
drug first has to be ingested, then be converted into a permeable substance
and absorbed into the circulatory system for transport to the brain and then
has to get through.  The kinetics of these reaction are not simple as the
rate determining step has to be that final one.  Bio equivalence is most
likely  measured within the vascular system which may or may not be identical
to the concentration of dopamine in the brain sites.
I tend to get lost in these games and no matter the rationale for nourishing
the hungry synapses, I am at wit's end to help my Barbara to cope with on/off
periods and wild dyskenesias.  I rely to a very large extent on our
knowledgeable medical expert, and try to keep our chins up.
Love

Michel