Hello everyone,

For months I have been reading your messages. So it is time to introduce
myself. I am 53 years old, married, have a sun and a daughter. I am working
as a research assistant at a technical university. I am living in the
Netherlands. About 2 years ago my neurologist said that I am a PWP.
This was a relief for me, because my mother died some years ago because
of a tumour in her head. An MRI-scan showed that I did not have a tumour.
I have a little tremor in my left hand and it is difficult for me to use
my left arm. More symptoms, that I read on this list, I have a little bit.
My medication is eldepryl 5mg twice a day. My neurologist has the plan to
put me on artane and/or pergolide when it becomes worse. He has the opinion
that the use of sinemet should be postponed as long as possible, especially
for young people. It was very confusing to find out that my arm and hand do not
their work automatically anymore and I must think to let them move.
I do not read all subjects of this list. Reading this list helped me very much,
especially at first. I always read introductions. I think I do so because
I see that  you have identical symptoms and you also learned to live with
it. Until now I do not know what to do more than to take my medication.
Which sport or exercises or massage are especially healthy for PWP?
I read something about it in this list, but not a convincing answer.
How can we condition our body and mind and environment optimally to let
the body fight with this disease? I think nobody knows a good answer for
this difficult question. Maggie, I have also Reynaud's syndrome at my left
hand especialy. Thank you for listening.

Greetings,
Jan (53/2)