I caution and remind us that both PD and
schizophrenia occur in about 1% of the population.

This means that, on the average, 1% of the population
of everyone we know (family of concern here) will have
schizophrenia, keeping in mind that most of us already know
someone with PD.

With about 1,500 subscribers, and about 10 per immediate
family (15,000 subscriber's family), we should expect
to find 150 cases of schizophrenia, normally.

Therefore, many reported coincidental cases of both
PD and Schizo in our PARKINSN listserv families is not
reliable data. Sharing these annectotal incidences
of schizophrenia helps as CW support, but is not
scientific statistically randon sampling.

But, it offers more questions to toss at the NIH people
who have to divide the fewer real dollars they get each
year to find cures for diseases of the brain.

SUPPORT THE UDALL BILL.

 |       @..@        A.J. CONOVALOFF                                 |
 |      (----)      "The Molokan Cyber-Cowboy"            __o        |
 |     ( >__< )      PSP Support Groups of Arizona       `\<,        |