K Fisher wrote:

> I signed on this list because others "out there" had PD.  This group
> could help one another by their own experiences in the tangled  maze of
> doctors/ prognosis/ meds/lack of info, etc. in order to assist others.
> What I have read so far deals with "eyes on stalks when they go by the
> pastry counter" to cramps in legs and massage.   I won't even go into
> the depression.  In 2 days time I have had 75 e-mails, of which I have
> deleted 70 - only 5 actually pertain to PD and surviving.  As in any
> disease, positive thinking and working toward a goal is most of the
> battle.

TO k fisher:  What do you think we're all dealing with?  We all have
different questions and helpful tidbits, and yes positive thinking,
humor, sympathy, compassion and exchange of information are all a part
of this list.  I dont know what you expected, yes there are sometimes
alot of messages, and I delete most of them after I've read them, but I
also save quite a few to my hard drive and print them out while
off-line. (on line time costs me 4.50/hr). I send them out to the only
other person on this island who has pd, he lives on a sailboat.  This is
quite literally all I have.  5000 people on st john and 2 of us have pd.
For me to be able to share these writings, med updates and asst bits
with my friend is truly amazing. and to have this list avail for me is a
life saver.

So.... I hope you stay for a while and get or give whatever you need.

With love,
lisa, in paradise?