Peter & Jeanne Carson wrote:

> THey now have her on levadopa but she is having a lot of trouble staying
> stable. SHe tends to get very anxious an hour before she should take her
> medicine. SHe lost about 50 lbs in the past year due to nausea.
Dear Jeanne,
I have no information about the patch; however I am very concerned about
your mother's weight loss. If her nausea is intractable, a PEG may help.
This is a very simple procedure (the RNs on this list can explain it
much better than I can) and may stabilize your mother's health.

To lose 50 lbs in one year is potentially very serious. Besides the fact
of the weight loss, she is not likely to be getting the nutrients she
needs to stay strong and healthy. A PEG still allows oral intake, but
helps provide adequate nutrition when nausea or other conditions
prevail.

In addition, the Hearty Balance products may be of some assistance. The
7:1 plan works well for about 2/3 of PWP. It allows food intake at any
time, even along with the Sinemet (although it's still preferred to take
the Sinemet 30 min prior to eating). This sometimes helps with nausea.

And Medicare should pay for the Hearty Balance supplements when used for
tube feeding.

My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--