On Sun 02 Mar, George M. Andes wrote:
> For those who care, a first try at a complex problem; for those who don't, an
>
> exercise with the delete key:
> A Very Simple Model of Drug Build-up in the Bloodstream.

Hello George,  Your equations are fascinating, and very much in line with
some equations which I put together a while back, but I am sorry to say
that my rusty maths prevented me from following through to the final
solution. I was trying to explain the fact that measurements of blood plasma
concentration charting the life history for a Sinemet tablet tend to show a
linear ramp up to a peak level, followed by a (shallower) ramp down to zero,
whereas the shape of the response curves that I get from my Analysis Program
are much more rounded.  Asuming for the moment that my curves are
representative of what the brain actually experiences, I concluded that the
differences between the two traces may well be due to a delay associated with
transmission across the blood/brain barrier, which could be represented by
an exponential equation as shown on my charts. They match beautifully with
your equations.

Please transmit a set of your charts to me. (I find that GIF format gives the
best reproduction). I will send copies of my charts to you separately to avoid
overloading the system.

Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>