At 10:14 9/03/97 -0500, Joyce (Chuck !) wrote:
>With all the talk of 1/2 lifes, controling on/offs etc, and since the list
>talk of  liq.sin. has been circulating for a few years,  on behalf of those
>not yet using it who may find it good,...
>
>Who has tired it and found it successful ???  and why ??
>Who has tried it and found it NOT successful ??  and  why??
>
>with this info maybe those folks around the world will have some references
>to go by.

Margaret tried it but found it was not very successful.
She dissolved her daily dose of five 100/25 Sinemet into 500 ml of water
together  with about a gram of ascorbic acid to act as a preservative.
She then tried taking 30 ml /hour but found:
1. She was under-medicated for most of the day
2. It was inconvenient to take hourly and easy to forget.

She then tried a "kick-start' of a whole tablet early in the morning with
the liquid Sinemet as before.

This gave her her usual dyskinesia and reasonable mobility until about Noon.
but  she again seemed under-medicated in the late afternoon and evening.

It is almost as though there was a threshold below which an hourly dose of
Sinemt  is ineffective, and in Margaret's case it seems that this threshold
was greater than 30 mg of Sinemet.

Because of these problems we discontinued the trial after about a fortnight
of experimenting along these lines but without any really worthwhile
improvement compared with taking the tablets themselves.

Hope this is useful to someone.
Mark,
CG for Margaret (65/27 yrs)

Mark  Atyeo
51 Alexander Mackie Circuit
Isaacs,  2607  Australia
+61 6 286 2606
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like an apple.