As anyone with PD knows, stress is closely related to PD symptoms.
According to our morbid anatomy  friends by the time a PWP is diagnosed,
they have lost  80 percent or more, of their striatal substantia nigra.
Now,  let's suppose that a pre-PWP has lost, say, 50 percent, then that
person is subjected to stress (bereavement- job-marriage etc).     I think
it is a reasonable supposition that the stress reacts with the latent PD to
produce the first signs of what is to come.   These may well disappear with
time,  but the underlying disease continues it's progress and  is
ultimately recognized for what it is.

In other words, stress doesn't cause PD, it simply  aggravates the symptoms
and sometimes this can be the first sign that something is amiss.

Take Care,
M.
CG for Margaret (65/27 yrs)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At 17:00 9/03/97 -0500, Sonia Neilson wrote:
>Hello Boyd.
>Thank`s for your answer. Like you the one of my friends (Marie 45) feel
>sure, that she also  had got P:S because of stress.
>The other one (Ann 56) ARE sure that she got the desease some years after
>devorsing.
>I `m convinsed that the symptoms started 1 year after my dear husb. passed
>away from a hartattack 10 years ago, he was only 51 and I 48 years old. My
>right leg was hanging , and it was difficult for me to walk, and today it`s
>much worser. I got the diagnose about 3 years ago, but with Sinemet and
>Permax, I have many "golden" days.
>I had discussed it with two of our experts - Professor Parkenberg and Dr.
>Dupont - and both told me, that they can deneigh our theori. Of course we
>are born with the genes, but I`m glad that other Parkinson patient have the
>samefeeling like us.

Mark  Atyeo
51 Alexander Mackie Circuit
Isaacs,  2607  Australia
+61 6 286 2606
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like an apple.