Hello,
      My name is Mark, and I've just discovered this list while surfing the
net. I am 41
yrs. old, live in the suburbs of Buffalo, NY, and was diagnosed with PD about
a year ago. I was told by my neurologist that my disease is in it's early
stages, so I'm not on medication yet. She told me my main symptom is
something called cog wheels in my arms, which when she flexed my arms I could
feel a kind of stiff/jerky sensation. I have also felt this in the back of my
neck when getting up in the morning. I have some tremor in my right arm &
leg, but she says that is being caused by something called Essential Tremor
and not PD.
      That's about it for my intro, and I welcome any thoughts from the group
as to how to cope with PD and if there are any organizations/groups worth
joining either in my area or nationally. Thanks,
Mark   [log in to unmask]