Dear Listmembers,

This is a second request for volunteers to participate in a nutrition
study on Parkinson's disease. As of now, I have fifteen study
participants, but would like more

In last year's 2nd Quarter Parkinson Report, Dr. Gerald McIntosh, a
neurologist in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, coauthored with Dr. M.H.
Thaut a report on a study using music therapy to help people with PD to
initiate movement.

As some of you are aware, Dr. McIntosh and I have been attempting to
locate funds to study the nutritional status of people with PD. That
funding is now in place and we are seeking volunteers for the study.

Study participants will be asked to commit to two visits to Dr.
McIntosh's office in Fort Collins. Participants will also be asked to
complete a detailed three-day food record, a medical history, a list of
all medications currently used, and will be encouraged to have a blood
test, although the blood test is not mandatory. All services
are free to study participants, except for the blood test--some insurers
will pay, others will not.

I will analyze the food record, study medications used, medical history,
and blood test, and report on my findings. I will provide appropriate
nutrition counseling to all study participants.

It is my hope that at least 50 people will participate. To be
statistically significant the study must be fairly large, although a
small study will still be helpful.

To that end, I hope that people with Parkinson's in the general areas of
Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska will sign up for the study. May I ask
that those of you who belong to PD support groups please pass the
information on to your groups?

To sign up for the study, contact:

Gerald McIntosh, M.D.
1247 Riverside Avenue
Fort Collins CO 80524
Tel: 970-482-4373
Fax: 970-484-5682

I hope to see some of you in the coming weeks!

Best regards,
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD