List friends

Blitzing the Whitehouse with well-timed messages is definitely the way to go.

I posted the following in early Feb when the mails were bouncing around and
it appears not to have gotten through.  It is from a colleague of mine
researching women/religion/political activism, and is self-explanatory.

>The story
>you are interested in is about a citizen of the US - a woman called Dianne
>- an nun who was doing missionary work in Guatamala - she was picked up
>by the security police who had CIA agents with them.  She was tortured
>and raped if my memory serves me correctly.
>
>Anyway, after she was released she was determined to get to the bottom
>of the involvement of the US in the whole mess.  She many times
>approached the US agencies to try to get her story heard - to no avail.
>She decided to camp outside the main gate of the Whitehouse with placards
>etc - and I think doing a hunger strike - to draw attention to her need
>to have her 'problem' sorted out and an apology from the US Government.
>
>She also asked for the prayers of the various women's religious
>communities throughout the States.  These feisty women decided to go one
>step further. On the email they arranged for the subscribers of SISTER-L
>to send messages to the Whitehouse on one particular day - a Wednesday.
>Apparently, if there are over 40 messages on any given day to the President
>dealing with a certain issue, it will be brought to his attention. In
>Dianne's case, Hilary Clinton came out to talk to her at the gate, she
>got world wide media attention, and I understand the acknowledgement and
>apology that she was looking for!!!

I'm sure that others in all parts of the globe will be onlt too happy to
take part in this blitz ... but we will need our avid timekeepers to cue us
as to just when to send from our respective timezones.

Beth