1.  Additional lobbying efforts by PAN on behalf of the Udall
bill mean additional costs.  Contributions, if possible, will no
doubt be helpful.  The Parkinson's Action Network is at 818
College Avenue, Suite C, Santa Rosa, CA 95404.

2.  With a view to creating a coalition of organizations in
addition to those in the scientific community in support of the
Udall bill, we wrote to James E. Nier, National Commander of the
Veterans of Foreign Wars, pointing out that those who have served
in the armed forces are likely in the age group(s) hardest hit,
and asked that the VFW consider alerting its membership to the
fact that the Udall bill will be introduced again in the 105th
Congress.

The response from Robert E. Wallace, Deputy Executive Director,
said in part, "The Veterans of Foreign Wars share your concern
about Parkinson's Disease and the need for additional research.
Our by-laws however, do not allow us to take positions on
legislation not covered by a National Convention resolution.
Unfortunately, we do not have a resolution to support the Morris
K. Udall Parkinson's Research Education and Assistance Act.

IF ENOUGH VETERANS WRITE TO MR. NIER, NATIONAL COMMANDER,
VETERANS OF fOREIGN WARS, 436 WEST 34TH STREET, KANSAS CITY
MISSOURI 64111, REQUESTING THE INTRODUCTION OF A RESOLUTION AT
THE NATIONAL CONVENTION IN AUGUST, THE VFW MIGHT SEE FIT TO
ENDORSE THIS LEGISLATION.