Margie,

Iain does at times have trouble formulating his
thoughts and does sometimes go blank in conversation.
I wouldn't say that this happens any more often when
under stress - I can't really see any correlation with
anything external:  it can happen at a quiet supper or
when leisurely talking with friends.  When having one
of these troubling episodes, he will often start
stuttering.   One correspondent to this list called it
"mental festination" which is the best description I
can think of.

I don't know if this is precisely what you were asking
about, but it is what we have observed with Iain.

Barb Bates