I convinced a contituent of Rep. George Nethercutt (R-5th) of Spokane
WA to contact the latter regarding the Udall bill.  Anyone out there
want to join in?  I regard this as the ultimate challenge.

In the 104th Congress Nethercutt voted for cutting Medicare and
Medicaid, cutting meals to school children and seniors, etc. etc.

On cuts in the Earned Income Tax Credit, Nethercutt said: "The
children of people affected by the earned income tax credit will be
better off" (Seattle PI, 10-2-95). Nethercutt's district has the most
families in the state (30,721) who will lose tax credits from these
cuts.

Nethercutt is one of the top five recipients of gun lobby PAC money
in Washington at $79,125. (Seattle Times 8/16/95)

Just as Marie Antoinette said "Let them eat cake", I wouldn't be
surprised if Nethercutt says "Let them eat bullets."

Spokaners, here's a chance to speak up!

Phil Tompkins