Date:           Fri, 30 Aug 1996 14:56:18 -0400
From:   Norman Ichiyen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:        Tai Chi Video for People with Parkinsons

There has been quite an interest in Tai Chi and Tai Chi videos so I thought I
should advise anyone interested about a specific Tai Chi  video made by a
Parkinsonian.  It is called "Taoist Tai Chi for People With Parkinsons".  It is
available through the Taoist Tai Chi Society of Canada, through the Toronto
chapter office.  The video is by Asunta Sciani who has had PD for at least 10
years.  She is relatively intolerant of PD medication and tried Tai Chi as a
last resort.  At the time she was becoming quite immobile.  Through Tai Chi she
has been able to reduce her medications, and is now a full time instructor.  Her
flexibility and general all round health have improved dramatically.

She has developed the specific exercises for maximum benefit to those with
Parkinsons.  She is an inspiration to all Parkinsonians.

The video can be obtained by calling the Taoist Tai Chi Society office in
Toronto at 416-656-2110.

Their address is:
1376 Bathurst Street,
Toronto, Ontario
M5R 3J1

The price of the video is $24 (Canadian) or $22 (US).  You can pay by cheque of
money order or by VISA over the phone.

Norm Ichiyen
(P) Ruth Ichiyen 47, 6
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

At 06:55 PM 3/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I haven't heard of one especially for PWP, but there is a "Tai Chi for
>Seniors" that might be useful.
>I bought the tape from one of those cheapo mail advertisements for $5.00
>(needless to say I now get TONS of junk mail)
>But, I've seen it in regular stores running from $10-16 dollars.
>GOOD LUCK!

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540