Mike Claeys of the Parkinson's Action Network asked me to post the following:
Mary Yost wrote:

> Just got a call from Al Schumann, a member of our support group who  moved
> to Albuquerque.   He said that Joe Skeen (R, NM dist2) has just announced
> that he has PD.

Mary,

Thank you so much for notifying us of Congressman Skeen's announcement.
I hate these situations -- part of me feels terrible for the man, part
of me is excited by the prospect of another strong advocate in Congress,
and part of me hates the part that is excited...

Anyway, I think we need to post this announcement far and wide, and
encourage every member of the Parkinson's community to contact Rep.
Skeen with our heartfelt empathy and understanding.  I think it was
helpful for Rep. McDade to be so immediately embraced by the community
-- and the scientific community -- and I think the same will be true for
Mr. Skeen.  I would suggest our remarks be on the human side -- he
supported the Udall bill last year, and he obviously knows what he can
do to help.

Thanks,

Mike Claeys
-----------------------------
You can write to representative Skeen at:
Representative Joe Skeen
U.S.House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
fax 202-225-9599
phone 202-225-2365

Parkinson's Action  Network
800-850-4726
Headquarters:
818 College Ave., Suite C
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
phone  707-544-1994
fax  707-544-2363
email:  [log in to unmask]
Washington, DC office
601  13th St. NW., Suite 310
Washington, DC 20005
phone    202-628-2079
fax    202-628-2077
Brad Udall, Chair
Joan I. Samuelson, President
John L. Dodge, Treasurer
Bonnie K. Mioduchoski, Administrator
Michael Claeys, Community Coordinator
The Action Reporter is a free publication of the Parkinson's Action Network,
a  non-profit charitable foundation for a cure for Parkinson's.  Use of this
material in other publications is welcomed.  We ask that the Network be
identified as the source of the material, and notified how,  when and where
the material is used.  Simply call 800-850-4726