On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Margaret Tuchman wrote:

> There has been quite an interest in Tai Chi and Tai Chi videos so I thought I
> should advise anyone interested about a specific Tai Chi  video made by a
> Parkinsonian.  It is called "Taoist Tai Chi for People With Parkinsons".  It is
> available through the Taoist Tai Chi Society of Canada, through the Toronto
> chapter office.  The video is by Asunta Sciani who has had PD for at least 10
> years.  She is relatively intolerant of PD medication and tried Tai Chi as a
> last resort.  At the time she was becoming quite immobile.  Through Tai Chi she
> has been able to reduce her medications, and is now a full time instructor.  Her
> flexibility and general all round health have improved dramatically.

I bought this tape about a year ago.  Be advised this tape is NOT for
anyone wanting to learn Tai Chi.  It is NOT Tai Chi instruction.  It is an
exercise tape.  Please note the FULL title of the tape is: _Taoist Tai
Chi for People With Parkinson's:Adapted Exercises for Health and
Relaxation_.

  Sid Roberts   67/dx3
  [log in to unmask]       Youngstown, Ohio