Ernie,

Margaret takes one capsule of Cranberry extract daily, along with 1500 mg
vitamin C, inter-alia, to ward off bladder infections.  She found that she
could not tolerate the juice which gave her acid-stomach symptoms but has
not noticed any of the effects you mention.

One possible explanation for your problems  is that the quantity of
cranberry juice you consume is interfering with your takeup of Sinemet or
some other PD medication.

Mark,
(CG for Margaret 65/27 yrs)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At 12:07 7/03/97 -0500, Ernie Peters wrote
>Dear Group,
>
>This is a post about cranberry juice which I hope anybody who drinks, or has
>drank it in the past, will read.
>
>I have hesitated to mention it at all, because I did not wish to seem
>alarmist, or put people off a drink which many sources claim to be good for
>avoiding urinary infections.
Snip
>Now, I cannot say that cranberry CAUSED my PD, it seems most unlikely and
>I'm almost embarrassed to suggest it.  I cannot even prove that it is the
>cranberry causing the wobble in the legs or the circulation in the arms
>problem, but it IS mighty weird and beyond coincidence now.
>
>The trouble is, it does not appear to be a swift or obvious affect.  It does
>not appear as a measurable effect on writing, or whatever, soon after you
>drink it, or even the next day.  It appears to be more subtle than that and
>builds up or down over several days.  Thus it is easy to miss the fact that
>it is having any adverse affect at all.
>
>Maybe it is just me it affects?  But why?
Snip.

Mark  Atyeo
51 Alexander Mackie Circuit
Isaacs,  2607  Australia
+61 6 286 2606
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like an apple.