Hi Ivan M Suzman <[log in to unmask]>, you wrote

>         The office of the Governor of Maine, Angus S. King, Jr., has
>just asked me to help him to draft Maine's first World Parkinson's Day
>Resolution.

>          Can anyone tell me how to calculate THE NUMBER OF PWP's in my
>state??  Maine's population (NOT COUNTING BLACK FLIES or CHICKADEES) is
>supposedly 1,250,000.

I understand that it's approx. 1 PWP in 1000 population.

>Maine's populations are  96% European,  2% Native American and 2% African
>and other origins.

I further understand that race appears to have no effect on numbers.

>P.S.  How about a way to calculate the number of young-onset PWP's
>("YOPWP's") ??

The figure of 1 in every 7 diagnoses of PWPs being under 40 is used by
many medics.

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160