From:   "Jim Cordy" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc:     "Jon Meyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  To all Hoosiers
Date:   Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:41:52 -0500

All you others Hoosiers, join Jon in his efforts.  Write letters and call
Senator Coats's office.  Use the toll free number.  800-962-3524.  That's
the Capitol switchboard.  Asked for Senator Coats.

----------
> From: JON A MEYER <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Udall Bill :  Sen. Dan Coats, Indiana
> Date: Wednesday, March 12, 1997 7:21 AM
>
> Greetings to all
>
> I received a reply from Sen. Coats following my phone call. Paraphrasing
> it, it states;
>    I have great sensitivity ....as my father suffered with PD.    In the
> past, I have supported legislation for funding for PD.... greater
> resources should be directed.... toward PD research.
 Persistence will win the day.  I just spoke with Lupe McCann from New
York.  She was estatic.  Senator D'Amato has agreed to cosponsor.  It took
her and many others from New York 3.5 years to get him on board.  I
encourage you to arrange to see Senator Coats personally when Congress is
in recess the last week of March and the first week of April.  Ask him how
he can possibly not support this legislation having first hand witnessed
the suffering of Parkinson's.  But by all means keep up the pressure.