I just returned from a consultation for my mother (Joyce, 67 year,
diagnosed 5 weeks ago) at Mt. Sinai in NY. I have written about her
symptoms here (slowness, cannot use left hand, left arm weakness, slow
speech, off balance) before and the fact that her current dosage of Sinemet
(1-1/2 tablets of 25/100 3x/day) has had no effect on symptoms.

She was diagnosed with Parkinson's today, and is in the early stages. It is
still possible that she has some other Parkinsonian disease, but the
doctor's belief is that it's Parkinson's (turns out she has rigidity and
slight tremor, too). The doctor changed her Sinemet schedule to 1 tablet
25/100 4x/day and is having her add Permax gradually over the next month.

Has anyone ever NOT had a benefit from Sinemet and then by adding Permax
gotten a good effect??

Also, is confusion a part of Parkinson's? I don't know how much confusion
on her part was just a function of having to go through a tough sort of
visit for anyone.

Thanks for your help, advice, knowledge. (I'm beginning to wonder how I get
all my other questions in life answered; there's nothing like this list.)

Debbie White