Now that I have a surgeon who is at least willing to take a look at me, I
have one enormous problem; getting the money for what will be a costly
operation. My parents just don't have the cash lying around for a $20,000
operation. I am currently covered by medicaid, that's "Aid" not "Care," i.e.
title 19, because I am only 26 yrs. old.
Dr. Lozano, the surgeon who would examine me has stated that a thalamotomy
for CO poisoning would be totally experimental, due to a complete lack of
documented cases of this. In other words, mine would be the first. Wouldn't
this designation of experimental make it free of any cost?
Another question I have for the more knowledgable members of the group is:
Why would bilateral lesions on the globus pallidus (the damage that was done
to my brain), call for creating a lesion on the thalamus?

Jacob Drollinger