My former general physician also suggested brain tumor before MRI and
neurologist diagnosed PD. My original symptom was cramping in right foot &
leg,
later tremor in right hand (about 2 years before diagnoses).  When
diagnosed about 4 years ago, I was moving very slow (Bradykinesia) and my
muscles were extremely tight.

The best exercise I have found is Tai Chi.  I practice a traditional Yang
form with a group at the YMCA here in Spokane WA.  I also practice a
"short" form when I'm tired or having a bad PD day. I learned the "short"
form first.  In
addition to Tai Chi, I swim/water exercise at the Y about 3 times/week and
walk as often as possible.

I'm very stiff & moving slow when I get up in the morning.  I take Eldepryl &
Sinemet first thing with orange juice.  I spend about the next half hour
sitting in a rocking chair, using as morning meditation and prayer a Roman
Catholic Psalter of The Liturgy of the Hours (although I'm a Lutheran),
while I wait for the meds to take effect.  Then I do some simple Tai Chi
exercises.  When I start, I cann't bend over. 15 minutes into the
exercises, I can touch my toes.
I eat some whole wheat toast with a banana before taking Amantadine &
Parlodel w/milk.  I then either go to the Y before work or shave/shower and
go to work.
I reward myself with a Latte after I swim! I practice my Tai Chi form at
night, after my son goes to bed.  My wife isn't interested in Tai Chi. She
swims & walks, likes to work with her flower garden in season.

My experience with Tai Chi is that it is a great help in maintaining mobility &
alertness.  I started seriously practicing it when I first began to have
symptoms, before PD was diagnosed.  It was a good exercise, even when I was
moving very slow before medication.  And I believe from my personal
experience, that it has also contributed to my success with PD medication.
                        Charley Countryman (46/6)  [log in to unmask]