This tidbit was passed to me by a relative in the pharmaceutical business.
It appeared in the 3 March 1997 "Berlex Executive News Summary."  I am not
sure whether this is referring to the experiment we have already heard about
or another new one.

                Ron Reiner
Pig Transplants May Help Parkinson's Patients
Fetal pig cells have been successfully transplanted into the brains of
Parkinson's patients, a turning point in cross-species transplantation and a
possible advance toward treating the common neurological disorder,
scientists said Thursday. Twelve patients have had the pig cell transplant
and early indications are that the procedure is safe and the patients seem
to benefit, although it is too soon to know if the treatment will work
indefinitely, the researchers said. (Reuters, NewsPage 2/28)