New to the Mail List But Not to PD

Hi.

Here's the "resume" -- age 43, married, three kids 6, 9, and 13; mgmt
position with a consulting firm based in Chicago. Diagnosed in '90,
symptoms going back to '87. Immediately started on Eldepryl, Sinemet
25/100 in late '93, CR early '95 -- now at three 50/200 tabs daily.
Permax initiated last month to extend "on" periods at current CR
dosage.

I'm still working full-time (not saying it's a breeze) with the
almost comical "accommodation" that "when circumstances allow", I
have clearance from the CEO to depart at 4:45 p.m. in order to catch
an express train that gets me home about a half-hour sooner. This was
my first request for PD related assistance since disclosing the
condition in 1992. To date, I remain puzzled and somewhat disturbed
by the boss' convoluted response to a seemingly benign request -- i.e.
 the "circumstances allowing" disclaimer and that my request was
being granted in light of my "years of service." Makes me wonder what
I'll be up against if/when I ask for a REAL accommodation like
"telecommuting" a couple of days a week.

Technically, I understand my rights under the ADA but I'd really
appreciate hearing from folks who have gone this route with their
employer. For that matter, ANY insights/anecdotes re. challenges in
the workplace would be welcome. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON!