At 02:17 18-03-97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Listfriends,
>
>What is the quickest way to delete messages, in large groups, rather than
>one-at-a-time?
>
>I just had 289 messages in four days, and eventually I would quit the
>list if I had to spend too much time with the delete button!
>
>PLEASE save me and countless others from "Deletitis Nervosa!"
>
>THANKS!
>
>Ivan S.
>Portland Maine 47/10
>land of lighthouses

Ivan and other Listfriends,

I use eudora.
There are several ways to keep up with messages.

1. edit/sort by subject......highlight the not wanted e-mails of a subject
by pressing the left mouse button and move it.....after highlighting click
on transfer/trash and they will be deleted when you empty the trash.

2. make folders.......highlight an e-mail e.g. a message about
Permax...click on transfer/new/make it a new folder and fill in
"medicins".....you get a new menu fill in permax...your e-mail named "permax
is now in the new folder.

3. use existing folders....highlight an e-mail e.g. a message about
permax... click on transfer/medicin/permax...your mail is transfered.

4. read stored mail....click on mailbox...chose the one you want to read the
mail from ... click it and you get your stored mail.

Eudora has lots of possibilities, if you want to know more, please let me
know. I will try to make it more clear then i did now in a short way. You
can also read the help function.

If you have any questions please use your e-mail.

Kees Paap