Hi Maggie Heeger <[log in to unmask]>, you wrote
>Bill Rogers wrote:
>>
>>          A good reliable friend of mine sent this message to me today
>>          March 13th so am sending it on to you to safeguard your
>>          equipment just in case you get one of the messages.
>>

>(snipped the rest)
>
>This may be a good reliable friend, but your friend was taken in by a
>scam. There's no way to get a virus from email...it has to be an
>attachment, a program that is downloaded, etc.

Weeeell now - I wouldn't speak too soon on that matter. People are
remarkably ingenious, and I have seen a ittle text wich looks qordinary,
but if you use the DOS "TYPE" command to read it, it executes another
DOS command. That said, the majority of these scares are just that -
SCARES, with no real or intrinsic harm!

:-)

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Shaking Hands BBS - +44 (0)1252 626233 - Fidonet 2:252/160