Thanks to you all for responding on this.

Ken, full marks for lateral thinking.  But if ever I was faced with a
choice that made me emphatically opt for 'improper' medication this is it.
I did joke to Ernie recently that 'I need a wife,' but this is not quite
what I had in mind!  But it did make me chuckle.

Beth