Stephen Hubbard wrote:

   <Stephen Hubbard here.
   <My father, who is 73 (PD for 15yrs) has had to cut back on his dosages of
   <Sinemet because of hallucinations.  In his case, I think it is becasue he
has
   <had to take larter dosages as his responce to the drug has lessened.  There
   <have been a lot of messages recently regarding the timing of Sinemet and
   <meals and diet in general. Send me an Email directly if you missed them them
   <& I will send them to you.  [log in to unmask]

Stephen,

There are several people in our support group, who hav been on Sinemet for more
than 20 years.
One even 26 years. All this without hallucinations.
There are several people in this same group, who have experienced
hallucinations. Almost all of them used Eldepryl. Cutting back on Eldepryl
dosage, or eliminating it altogether put a stop to these hallucinations.
Besides Eldepryl, there are other meds that can cause them.
With all the evidence I have heard of, it seems wrong to associate
hallucinations, or bad dreams, with
Sinemet.

Will A. Kuipers       (  76 / dx '91 )