Jack K....

Y'know, Jack... I have a gut feeling - and have felt this for  long time -
that there's tons more Parkies "out there" than are being acknowledged and/or
diagnosed by 1. the medical community,  2. the Parkies themselves, due to
denial,  3.  the Parkies recognize that SOMETHING is wrong, but cannot get an
accurate diagnosis and go for 5 or 6 years being told "You don't LOOK sick,"
by their doctors,  4.  the completely "unaware  that they have PD" Parkie,
i.e., might just have one slightly stiff arm only, for several years,
etc......

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was actually more individuals who have
PD and aren't, for whatever reason, aware or acknowledging it than there are
who KNOW they have it and who DO stand up to be counted.

Betcha if there was a close-to-accurate count of individuals with PD, there'd
be number upwards of 2,000,000 to 2,500,000 persons.

I'd sure like to know I'd over-counted!

(And you're NOT just another number, Jack!)

Barb Mallut