At 09:15 PM 3/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Try this one.  My wife, with parkinsons for 30 years, on sinemet for many,
>many years, has had hallucinations, periodically, over the years, but not
>consistently.  Further, for more than 10 years she has, in her dreams, met
>with the same cast of characters over and over. They have become like old
>friends and visit with her regularly in her dreams. Occasionally, she also
>has nightmares. All of this probably relates to not only her drugs, but other
>factors in her general condition; stress; weather; fatigue; television, etc.
> (She takes only Parlodel, in addition to her Sinemet)

TO ALL:

There is a case in the literature where a lonely PWP stopped having
hallucinations after reducing Sinemet intake, but reinstituted previous
medication level because he became lonely and missed the people he used to
see.  A sad story but it makes sense.
And here's to long "ons" and short "offs"

WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter